A home is a large investment and depending on where you live in Australia will determine what type of roof will work the best. A roof should never be repaired or installed by just any company. A track record of positive experience and references will give an owner a great indication of the type of workmanship they will receive. Poorly installed roofs or an improper roof can lead to damage. Immediate repairs should be performed to protect one of the largest investments many people make in their lifetime. The pitch of the roof should be proportional to the amount of rain or wind a home is likely to endure for the area.
Steel can be used to create a curve in the roof and taller building requires an inspirational roof shape. The roof’s shape is important to maintaining a building and its energy efficiency. There are a variety of roofs including:
- A hip roof. This style of roof is very popular because they offer strength, are resistant to strong winds and provide shady eaves.
- A gabled roof. This type of roof is also called a pitched roof due to its triangular shape. It offers additional attic space that other roofs won’t offer.
- A flat roof. This style of a roof can be used as a roof garden or an upstairs living area. This type of roof must be properly maintained with waterproofing to protect the interior of a home.
- A clerestory roof can provide natural light and allow effective heating and cooling that’s combined with privacy for a home.
- An arched roof provides an eye-catching design and structural strength.
- A curved roof is softer and rounder and provides organic curves to a structure.
A roofing company can provide installation, roof replacements, guttering and commercial installation and repair. They will work with an owner’s insurance company when damage has occurred to eliminate stress and worry to an owner. Gutters on a structure should always be in working order to reduce the chance of water damage occurring to a structure. An experienced roofer will pride themselves in having a great relationship with all of their customers and deliver first class service to each one.